We need Volunteers to:
- Set up tables
- Move crates of books
- Clean up and move books
- Rove the site to keep things in order during the sale
- Tally up book purchases for customers in the checkout line
Shifts currently available:
Friday, November 2, 3:30pm - 5:00pm
Saturday, November 3, 6:00am - 9:00am
Saturday, November 3, 7:00am - 10:00am
Saturday, November 3, 9:30am - 2:00pm
Saturday, November 3, 1:30pm - 3:30pm
When you sign in, you will receive a VOUCHER to choose one free book at the end of your shift. Our thanks for your hard work.
Volunteer with Us
You are invited to join the Friends of the Pleasant Hill Library elite corps of dedicated volunteers!
By sharing your time and talents with us, you can make a big difference in the quality of library service in your community.
Acquire new skills and gain recognized work experience
Expand your social horizons
Serve in your own neighborhood
Keep up with the latest books
Help, and be appreciated for it
Our volunteers range in age from 12 to 90. Some do short-term projects, and some stay for years!
- Photographer / web photo editor
- Grant writer
- Storyteller/writer - human interest stories from members, volunteers, patrons, public about the Friends and Library to publish on website
- Hospitality Chair
- School outreach coordinator
Library Events and Functions
- Event planners
- Boxer of books and carrying them to the storage container
- Sorting books
- Help setting up, breaking down and everything in between for the quarterly book sales