The Friends of the Pleasant Hill Library and our supportive community are ramping up for the new library! The new Pleasant Hill Library will expand learning and cultural offerings for children and adults in every stage of their lives.
The attendance at our Library’s programs has skyrocketed. Please join us in our mission to assist the library so that children, teens, and families can learn, create, explore and dream.
Here is how your gift can make a difference:
- $25 can purchase 1 hardcover book
- $85 can purchase 1 e-book
- $100 can purchase 10 children’s picture books or help fund cultural/educational programs
- $250 can enable the library to offer one book in 6 different formats
- $600 can purchase 75 easy readers in both fiction and non-fiction titles.
- $1,500 can purchase 100 books in such popular series subjects as travel, test preparation, college guides, and price guides.
- $2,500 can fill an entire bookshelf with new books
Donate to the Friends of the Pleasant Hill Library
Thank you for your continued support!
We couldn’t do it without you!
Please join us in our mission
Assisting the library so that children, teens, and families can learn, create, explore and dream. Attendance at our Library’s programs has skyrocketed and people are clamoring for more.
It's Tax Deductible
Your donation is a tax-deductible charitable contribution: We are a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. We send all donors a written acknowledgement (if your donation is accompanied by a name and address), for your tax purposes.
If your company has a donor matching program, you might be able to double your contribution.
Ask your employer and find out!
Want to Make a donation by check?
Checks can be placed in the metal box near the in-library book store.
By mail, send your check to:
Friends of the Pleasant Hill Library
1750 Oak Park Blvd.
Pleasant Hill, CA 94523
Your donation supports many diverse programs offered by the Pleasant Hill Library.
The Friends of the Pleasant Hill Library contribute well over $30,000 for books and programs each year.
- $10,000 to books/collection enhancement
- $20,000 toward programs
- $1,000 for miscellaneous
Library Programs Supported by Your Donations
- Pleasant Hill Reads: Friends purchases books for the annual citywide read which reaches 4,000 households in town.
- Second Grade Outreach (book prizes)
- Summer Read (prizes for youth and adult readers)
- Concert series: Live music ranging from jazz to international styles for adult listeners.
- Charged Particles
- Fratello Marionettes - Peter & the Wolf
- Leung's White Crane Lion Dancers
- Magical Moonshine Theatre
- Pop up Programs for Teens: to stimulate the after-school crowd, the Friends funded materials to engage youth with crafts, games, technology and more.
- Eco-Studio (sewing machines & equipment/supplies)
Family/Children Monthly Programs
Family Nights: monthly live shows including-
- puppet shows
Evening stories and stretches for young families.
Annual winter holiday event drawing over 800 children and families.
Comic Book Night
Inspiring young artists and readers with live demos, costumed characters, games, and free comic giveaways
- Tinkers & Thinkers Faire, engaging over 1,000 participants with innovative ideas and inventions
- Super Slime Lab
- Maker Monday
- Tiny Terrariums,
- Junkyard Derby
- Flight Night